Sunday, April 17, 2011

CR 01

I just saw that i forgot to do this but better late then never i guess! these first few weeks of design have been truly eye opening for me. My perception of design was always geared towards only the aesthetics of something and not towards the merge of form and function. I really enjoyed the video we watched with the guy that talked about "big design" vs "small design", he really put the field of design into a less blurry view for me, also in the video they showed some "big design" projects of the past which i thought was really cool. I like the idea of big design, the thought of my career being about only making products look better scared me with the idea that my work would be so trivial, but designers can truly make their mark on society through big design which is something im looking forward to. 


Also i never knew that chairs had such an interesting history!

No comments:

Post a Comment